Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Full Circle

Shortly before my husband, Wayne, and I were married almost 45 years ago he gave me a pearl rosary which I highly treasured. A year later when our daughter, Kathryn, was born I took that rosary to the hospital with me. Somehow while I was in the hospital the rosary disappeared. I prefer to think it was “lost” rather than believe someone would steal a rosary! The loss was regrettable and I missed it. I talked about the rosary from time to time, but never replaced it.

Recently out youngest son, Christopher, returned from a trip from Spain bearing gifts- a magnet souvenir for Wayne and for me…a pearl rosary. He was totally unaware of the history of the first pearl rosary, but from the first child to the last, and a span of 45 years, I couldn’t help but believe the rosary had at last come a “full circle”.

No comments:

Post a Comment